How we work
Save The Music partners with local communities and school districts to build sustainable music programs
1. We Invest In Schools
We donate instruments, music technology and other equipment to jumpstart public school music programs.
2. We Support Teachers
We support music teachers with professional development, ongoing program support and other resources.
Use the map to see our impact and discover if we are in your district. Current Partner Community List
St. Tammany Parish Public Schools
Somerville Public Schools
Gulfport School District
Jefferson County Schools
Mobile County Public Schools
Austin Independent School District
Los Angeles Unified School District
GRANT TYPES MAP LEGEND
72% of our spending goes to support music programs.
22% of our budget goes to fundraising costs, primarily development staff compensation and events. 6% goes to cover administrative costs such as legal and accounting.
Some Frequently asked Questions
- In what cities has Save The Music granted?
- How can my school qualify for a grant?
- How does Save The Music decide which schools or districts get grants?
- What types of grants are provided and what is included in each grant?
- Does Save The Music provide monetary donations?
- Can Save The Music sponsor my arts based organization?