Learn How: Send an email to your local school board member supporting music education.
- Visit your local school district website and search for the school board page.
- The school board members will be listed with their email addresses or a general contact email.
- Advocacy starts with communication and support of your district’s music program. Include a story about the impact of music education in your life and how every student deserves music in their school.
- Visit a music teacher in your district and have them share a statement on the impact music education makes in their students’ lives.
- Visit our Advocacy Tools page for the latest research on the benefits of music education.
- Conclude your email with an ask to invite a school ensemble to perform at a board meeting and have students share comments on the impact of music in their lives.