Get Started With Music
Bring elementary music to your school for all students, establishing foundational music skills.
Our Intro To Music Grant includes everything a music teacher needs to provide all PreK-5 students with sequential standards based general music instruction focused in active music making and engagement for all students. The grant package includes $22,000 worth of developmentally-appropriate and culturally-relevant instruments and resources, including a digital piano, acoustic guitar, Orff Instruments, world drums, recorders, hand-held percussion, Boomwhackers, a classroom set of ukuleles, method books, and program support for 10 years.
Intro To Music Grant Requirements:
- Be a traditional public elementary school
- Hire at least one full-time certified music teacher and schedule general music as part of the regular school day
- Schedule a minimum of 45 minutes of instruction per week
- Have adequate, secure storage space for the instruments and a room dedicated for music instruction
- Complete annual progress reports about the instrumental music program and allow representatives from the Foundation to visit
- Accept full responsibility for the maintenance for the donated instruments and equipment