The Save The Music Foundation (STM) is looking for a Director of Marketing & Communications.
We are the leading non-profit dedicated to helping students, schools and communities reach their full potential through the power of making music. For more than 20 years, we’ve brought together educators, musicians, philanthropists and advocates in communities nationwide to bring music education back to thousands of schools.
The Director of Marketing & Communications will create and oversee an integrated marketing strategy including earned media (PR and social), digital marketing, strategic partnerships, thought leadership and more.
Reporting to the Executive Director and overseeing a team member who creates our social media and e-mail content, this role will lead the non-profit’s community and press-driven communication – including impact storytelling, case study creation, press outreach and thought leadership that consistently articulate and grow awareness of STM’s leadership in music education.
We are a small team and the Director of Marketing & Communications will have the ability to have an outsized impact!
• Build and execute a 360-degree plan to create momentum and awareness of STM as a leader and innovator in music education during the current crisis and beyond.
• Drive earned media (press and social) and measurable awareness of STM’s mission and impact, events and programmatic work in each of our partner communities,
• Work with our program team to create compelling content across platforms highlighting the experiences of students, teachers, parents, administrators, recording artists and other partners talking about the impact of our work. • Work with our partnerships and social media teams to expand our relationships with and content from major media and music partnerships such as TikTok, Facebook, the major record labels and music talent.
• 5-10 years of marketing and/or communications experience, ideally in a role developing a 360degree communications strategy for a mission-driven organization – including press outreach, social media content, creative content and partnerships.
• You have the ability to take information about our work and transform it into exciting and impactful storytelling, then get those stories in front of the right audiences through the best distribution channels.
• You also have good media contacts and a successful track record of placing stories, forming strong relationships with target media, and generating evergreen coverage as well as during moments of news.
• You have experience creating and implementing tactics such as digital advertising, influencer engagement, executive thought leadership, speaking engagements and award submissions.
Specific requirements include:
• Passion for music and music education
• Highly collaborative style and a sincere commitment to work with all constituent groups, including staff, board, donors, corporate and non-profit partners, and educators
• Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills
• A track record as an implementer who thrives on managing several initiatives concurrently
• Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”
• Self-starter, able to work independently and entrepreneurially
To express interest, send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Save The Music Foundation
From our governing and advisory boards to our operating team, Save The Music is an organization that strives to be representative of the varied races and ethnicities, genders and sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, and abilities of the communities we serve. We want to recruit, retain, and advance diverse talent because it makes our work more effective, creative, and resilient. If you are passionate about music and education, highly skilled in your field, and looking for a place where you can bring all of yourself to work, we want you.