West Coast Regional Program Director
Reporting to the Program Director who oversees our school district and school leader relationships nationwide, this position will be based in California and responsible for all programs and grant implementations in the Western US. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, detail- and systems-oriented with strong interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Partnership Cultivation and Advocacy
- Cultivate and manage the relationships between educators, school leaders, music advocates, community arts organizations, like-minded local partners and music retailers on the West Coast.
- Work with the Development Director, West Coast to cultivate and obtain funding sources.
- Represent Save The Music at various events, including the public presentation of remarks on behalf of the Foundation on the West Coast.
- Participate in Regional, State, County and Local Level Arts Education meetings (i.e. CreateCA, CCSESA, CAC).
- Work with district and school leaders to create grant and investment plans for each school district with whom we partner.
- Identify qualified schools, work with teachers and principals to ensure that schools meet Save The Music grant requirements and work with Save The Music program team to execute signing of agreements and delivery of instrument and equipment grants.
- Monitor progress of grantee programs and provide program support.
- Plan and execute school related events including but not limited delivery event, professional development opportunities, long-term residency programs.
- Compile and maintain a database of local music education/Save The Music stories (human interest, statistics, etc.).
Compliance of Past Grantees
- Maintain relationships with and track progress of existing Save The Music grant recipient schools on the West Coast.
- Carry out any additional special assignments as directed by the Program Director.
- Undergraduate degree in Music Education or related field
- Experience teaching music, preferably in large-city setting in California
- Passion for music education and youth development especially in Save The Music-eligible communities
- Exceptional local knowledge and connections in the area, especially in California
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent demonstrated writing and editing skills; excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities and new opportunities
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Salesforce.org and the Internet
- Willing to travel regularly
- Spanish language ability strongly preferred
Salary Range Based on Experience:
$65,000 to $85,000
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates can send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Program Director”.
Los Angeles, California
SAVE THE MUSIC FOUNDATION
The mission of the Save The Music Foundation (STM), a 501c3 non-profit organization, is to help students, schools and communities reach their full potential through the power of making music.
Since 1997, Save The Music Foundation has distinguished itself as a leading force for music education, restoring comprehensive music education programs in 2,201 schools in 277 school districts around the country–impacting the lives of hundreds of thousands of students.
From our governing and advisory boards to our operating team, we strive to be representative of the varied races and ethnicities, genders and sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, and abilities of the communities we serve. We want to recruit, retain, and advance diverse talent because it makes our work more effective, creative, and resilient. If you are passionate about music and education, highly skilled in your field, and looking for a place where you can bring all of yourself to work, we want you.