Reporting to the Senior Director of Programs and Policy (SD), the Program Coordinator will provide programmatic support for STM’s Program & Policy team. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, detail- and systems-oriented with strong interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills who is passionate for music and arts education as well as educational equity.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Data Management & Story Collections
- Point person for program side of database and online tools such as Salesforce, FormAssembly, Typeform and other data collection tools and information.
- Conduct data collection and analysis for prospective grantee districts/schools.
- Coordinate the distribution of annual progress reports to all Save The Music grant recipient schools along with Grant Operations Coordinator.
- Develop and implement surveys and impact measurement focused on STM’s peer to peer support and professional development offerings.
- Compile and regularly update anecdotal quotes/stories/photos from STM grantee schools and local music education stakeholders for use in STM’s internal and external communication.
- Compile, maintain and share music education research studies and articles to inform our work.
- Collaborate with Grant Operations Coordinator to systematize funder reporting processes and respond to Development reporting requests
- Assist Program Manager and Program Directors in Professional Development logistics
- Assist Program Directors on school events
- Carry out any additional special research and project assignments and represent STM in schools, at meetings and events across the country, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in music education or related field
- Demonstrated passion for music and the arts and youth development, especially in underserved communities. History of Volunteerism and working with nonprofits and social justice in the arts organizations +
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with using Salesforce +
- Excellent writing and editing skills; excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities and new opportunities
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Comfortable using with Excel, PowerPoint
- Interest in learning new software e.g. data visualization
- Spanish speaker is preferred
Salary Range Based on Experience:
$45,000 to $52,000
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates can send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Program Coordinator”.
Manhattan, New York
SAVE THE MUSIC FOUNDATION
The mission of the Save The Music Foundation (STM), a 501c3 non-profit organization, is to help students, schools and communities reach their full potential through the power of making music.
Since 1997, Save The Music Foundation has distinguished itself as a leading force for music education, restoring comprehensive music education programs in 2,201 schools in 277 school districts around the country–impacting the lives of hundreds of thousands of students.
From our governing and advisory boards to our operating team, we strive to be representative of the varied races and ethnicities, genders and sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, and abilities of the communities we serve. We want to recruit, retain, and advance diverse talent because it makes our work more effective, creative, and resilient. If you are passionate about music and education, highly skilled in your field, and looking for a place where you can bring all of yourself to work, we want you.